Sunday, June 6, 2010

Green Beans with Black Bean Sauce

Another Crabtree classic. In fact, this has become a "Lauren" classic. Whenever I'm home and this is on the menu, I'm the one who cooks it. I have no idea why this has become "my" recipe, but it has. It's also a classic around here too. Aaron loves it and if I've bought green beans, he always asks if this is what I'm making (and I usually am).


1.5 pounds Green Beans
2 Tablespoons Garlic Black Bean Sauce (usually found in the Asian section, we use the Lee Kum Kee brand)
1 tablespoon olive oil
water, as needed.

Heat olive oil in pan over medium high heat and add beans to stir fry. Add small amounts of water when olive oil is absorbed to keep beans from burning. When done cooking beans, there should not be a lot of water left. When green beans are crisp tender, remove from heat and stir int he Garlic Black Bean Sauce until heated through.

1 comment:

lovintheempteenest said...

Note to file : only use the Lee Kum Kee brand