Thursday, June 10, 2010

Busboys and Poets

Aaron and I went to a screening of the movie Fresh in DC last week (I will blog my thoughts about the movie later). I was going to go by myself and then to the National Gallery of Art and play around by myself in DC before the movie in the evening because Aaron needed to study, but then at the last minute he decided to come with me. Our conversation then went like this:

Aaron: so what are we going to do about dinner?
Lauren: (knowing Aaron's cost conscious nature) Well, we could just pack some sandwiches
Aaron: No way, that's not even very filling or even a dinner food.
Lauren: (surprised, but pleased he doesn't want a sandwich for dinner) Ok well, what should we do then? (secretly hoping Aaron catches the hint and suggests Busboys and Poets)
Aaron: (after a long pause...) Well, why don't we just go up early and go to Busboys and Poets?
Lauren: (smiles...) OK!!!

Seriously, maybe this should go on our other blog, but this was one of those moments that made my heart melt a little. Not only does Aaron know me really well, but he loves food as much as I do. I married the right guy. :) Ok, enough mushy stuff...moving on!

I love this restaurant! My sister-in-law Darien took us to this place when we visited her and Aaron's brother Eric in DC almost a year ago while she was doing an internship there. She suggested the Mediterranean Burger on our first visit. We tried it, LOVED it, and I still think about it frequently...not joking. I have been there four times and I have ALWAYS gotten the Mediterranean burger and a salad (either sharing with Aaron or my mom). It's so good. I feel like I should and could get something else and I would like it, but why rock the boat?? Thursday was no exception...we shared the spinach and wheat berry salad and the Mediterranean burger. We also shared the white chocolate bread pudding with coconut ice cream.

Spinach and Wheat Berry Salad. The ginger sesame dressing is probably my favorite part of the salad.

Mediterranean Burger. The goat cheese seriously makes this burger amazing. The rest of it is really good too, but i love goat cheese.  Also, sweet potato fries > french fries.

White Chocolate Bread Pudding + Coconut Ice Cream. This bread pudding was almost as good as the Ruggles Green bread pudding, and I was surprised at how good the ice cream was. I like coconut when its mixed with other things, but I don't often like it as the main flavor. This was definitely an exception to the rule.

Maybe we should find a new place to eat in DC...or maybe not?

4 comments:

Jessie said...

I've never heard of this place and it looks amazing! We'll be making a trip soon for sure!

Chelsey said...

Mmmm...I'm definitely going to have to eat there next time we go to DC. Love your food blog! I keep thinking when I stop working {next Fall/Winter} I might start one myself, but I have to confess I'm a little intimidated that I won't measure up to all of my foodie friends! :)

lovintheempteenest said...

So . . how much later are you going to blog your thoughts about the movie Fresh? See your first paragraph for your promise.

Eric Laird said...

MMMMM.... We love this place! So....I think you should cook all future food for our get togethers. This blog is sweet!