Friday, September 10, 2010

Taste of Texas

When Aaron and I went to the Mousetrap, my parents gave us a giftcard they hadn't used for the Taste of Texas. My only memory of the Taste of Texas was in the 4th grade. In Texas, we have Texas history classes in the 4th grade and 7th grade. As part of the curriculum we went on a field trip to the Taste of Texas. They talk about some Texas history and some of the artifacts on the walls representative of it. As a foodie at the age of 9, the tour guide promised us buffalo tongue. Now that sounds kind of gross, but afterwards they gave us chicken fingers and coke, which i think may be even more gross. So I had bad memories, but I went anyway.

Then, when taking our order, our waiter told us we could pick out our cut of meat. So for about 10 minutes I had visions of a legit meat locker with cows hanging from the ceiling. I was wrong; it was like a deli counter. Oh well; it was still a good experience. We both got a tenderloin and it was tasty!


I will say one thing though...vegetables are not their specialty. Grilled vegetables=boiled with grill marks.

No comments: