Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Tostadas

Tostadas are a really easy weeknight go-to meal. My mom likes to buy the hard crunchy tostadas that come pre-made, but I've never been a fan of hard tacos so I decided to toast some tortillas



Ingredients: tortillas, shredded cheese, corn (I used frozen), black beans (canned), chopped cherry tomatoes, sliced green onions, and diced avocado.

I first sprinkled the tortilla with cheese and put it in my toaster oven. This creates the harder, crunchier base, especially at the edges. After the cheese is just beginning to melt, I load the corn and black beans on and let it heat up a little more. After, I sprinkle the remaining ingredients on and dig in!

There is really no set way to make this recipe; just add what you've got in the fridge and what you feel like. This version is vegetarian, but chicken or any other meat could be added if you're looking for extra protein.

No comments: